Monday, February 13, 2012

What's amazing to you?


I was watching a movie with my kids the other day. Mr. Incredible. You've probably heard of it, maybe even watched it (once or twice or twelve times). There's a part in the movie where Mr. Incredible comes home from work and is frustrated and angry and throws his car around in the driveway. When he notices a little boy on his tricycle he asks, rather angrily, “what are you waiting for?” And the little boy responds in his squeaky little voice, “something amazing I guess.”

Something amazing I guess. When I think about what amazing might be, I think of my grandparents, my parents, my husband's mom, my kids, the fact that I actually have kids, my sisters, my brothers, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my friends. That's a great list of people. Each going along in their daily lives and being amazing in the simplicity of it all.

My mother in law brought six kids from China on her own and raised them by herself. Amazing.
My grandparents spent 63 years together, 75% of their lives, devoted to each other and to God and to their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Amazing.
My husband who puts up with my mood swings :) amazing?
Friends who can lift me up with a hug and a laugh. Amazing.

I could go on, sharing stories of these amazing people in my life, but it would take way more time than I (or you) have. I am just grateful that I get to see amazing everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment