Monday, February 6, 2012

From November (22, 2011)



Was awakened abruptly out of a Buckley's Nighttime (drug) induced sleep to a an absolutely tremendous commotion outside at 2:36am. Laid in bed shaking the haze away to realize that the storm had hold of our outside gate and was slamming it incessantly against the house. 2:39am decided that there would be no sleep for me if I did not get the gate closed. So there I am outside, in my nightgown, no shoes, trying to close a gate that is swollen from the rain and just does not want to fit where it is supposed to. Freezing rain shards are pelting my bare skin and I'm trying desperately to push the gate closed in a demure, always be a lady kind of way. Not working. Resorted to drop kicking the gate into place and latching it. Got to thinking that had there been a camera watching in that moment I would likely be locked away in a straight jacket. Crazy white lady taken into custody for assault and battery on garden gate. Got back to sleep around four. Hope I made you laugh and have a great day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment