Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day or Can you feel the love?


It's what you make it. Sometimes in the making it, there is some work required. In the busy day to day it can be easy to stop, or pause, in the process of working on it.

For me, it has been illness sweeping it's way in and out, and around, and up and down the hallways of our house. But recognizing, that in the ministering to my children and husband, the love is still there.

So the other day, I said to my other, “kiss me like you mean it.” He looked at me quizzically. “Really, kiss me like you mean it!” I need to know right now that you can still make my toes curl. Yep, you can. Three seconds into a great kiss, short one comes walking into the foyer, where we were completely distracted by each other, and yells, “EEEEEWWWWWW!” Thanks for that. We pick her up, laughing, and make an Ava sandwich. Feeling the love.

There is an expression, idea, that circulated some time ago. The 10 second kiss. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe not. The idea being that you need to kiss your significant other for at least 10 uninterrupted seconds every day. Good idea right? I like it and it certainly makes us reconnect with each other every day. And that can't be a bad thing. So my new, and probably unattainable, goal (but a girl can try) will be to have my toes curled at least once a day until, by death, we are parted. Not maudlin, it was part of my wedding vows. And with it being Valentine's Day it makes me think about the vows I made. Love, honour, cherish. They are not big words, in fact, they're fairly simple words. And yet, there is a whole lot of complexity to them, depending on where and how they are applied.

All in all, I am blessed. I am loved, cherished, honoured. I may not get jewelry, or flowers, or chocolates, but I have his heart and he has mine and our kids and wonderful families keep them overflowing.

Feeling the love . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment