Monday, February 6, 2012


From January 20, 2012
Moments of Loveliness with my Son
Drove Ella to school this morning. We were a bit late, roads were slippery, only a couple of uncontrolled slides.
I can remember as a kid having a runny nose and being handed either a wet, soggy, tissue or dry crusty one. What ensued was a great attempt to find a little piece of unsoiled real estate on that tissue. One dry little corner. One sandpaper free edge. I vowed to always have clean tissues. And mostly I do, and in the car there is a whole box - out of my reach.
I hear Ryan, "mommy, I need a tissue," then an inhale and blow sans tissue. I look in the rear view mirror. That was a mistake. Can I hear an ewwwwwwwwww? Parallel trails running down his face and where are the tissues? Right, yes, in the BACK OF THE CAR! Scrambling, trying not to slide off the road, trying desperately to not look in the mirror, reaching, finding, yes, a tissue! USED! Argh! I try to untwist it and hand it to my son apologetically. It does the trick. Go figure. Someday, maybe, he'll remember. Or not.
Have a fabulous, hopefully ick free, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment