Friday, March 2, 2012

Coffee with friends . . .


Another rainy morning.  Something to look forward to though.  Coffee and a visit with a good friend.   One of those easy mornings chatting and laughing and redirecting two short ones.  Ahh, bliss.

It's so great to have someone with whom you can have a really good laugh.   The kind that has you wiping away tears and running for the bathroom from laughing so hard.  Not about everything, but some things that just really deserve a good laugh.  Sometimes the conversations are quiet and heartfelt and deep.  Balm for the soul.  And other times, laughter.   The really big laughter that has you doubled over holding your sides and trying not to blow coffee out your nose.  The best heart medicine ever.

So when my son asks, “mommy, does God laugh?”   I tell him, “I think so.”  There are a lot of great things to laugh about.

Apparently, laughter also burns calories.   I need to do way more laughing, I guess.  Maybe add in some canoeing motions, burn extra.   So on top of all those great chemical releases that happen in the brain when we laugh, I can loose weight too!  Fabulous!   I'll have to have coffee mornings more often.

Bottom line, I'm so grateful for amazing friends that come over to visit and for the laughter that gets generated when they do.  Best times EVER!  




No comments:

Post a Comment