Saturday, October 27, 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow . . .

China – the other side of the world practically!  That's where they went.   It's pretty amazing and I kind of think there might be a wee twinge of green.  I do not have the courage to do what they have chosen.  Or, I should say, what God has chosen for them to do.  To go and be teachers.

We met in 2008 and it felt like our hearts just kind of bumped into each other and went “friend.”   It is so much more than that.   Time and distance suck, but my heart knows that even as it is breaking because she is gone we are promised to see each other again.  And we will.  Be it two, three, or even four years from now.  And when we do see each other, we will have grown, but our hearts will know each other and I think it will be like no time at all has passed.

The other day, my Ava told me she was sad because she didn't have any friends.   I told her she had lots of friends, but we have things going on right now that make it hard to spend time with them.  She told me she wanted a play date with my friend's daughter.  My heart cracked a little and then smiled.  I had to explain that she would not get to play with her because she was in China and would not be back in Canada for a while.  My heart was smiling because I was just so glad that she was the one person Ava wanted to play with.

My hope, for all three of my children, is strong friendships that will last the test of time and distance.  Those are the best ones.  The ones where it doesn't matter how long it's been, you can just sit down and be in that moment of time.   Heartfelt and honest and open and safe.

I am so grateful for my friendships.  For the women who a part of my heart, forever.  Take me as I am and love me anyway.  True blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment